Emergency Dental Care in Brookfield, WI
If you experience a dental emergency, visiting our Brookfield dental office is your best course of action. Dr. Brian Resop and Dr. Ted Schrubbe can treat your dental emergency with appropriate and timely care to get you back on the road to health.
We are here to help you, any time, any day. When your dental health is at risk, we will do everything we can to make sure that you're treated as soon as possible. If you contact the office after hours, you will be instructed to leave a voicemail that is routed via email to the on-call doctor. For emergencies during regular office hours, we provide same-day care to relieve you of any pain or discomfort, and to treat your injury as soon as possible.
Common Dental Emergencies
- Bitten lip or tongue: Apply gauze to stop bleeding, then ice pack to limit inflammation. If the bleeding does not stop, contact our office.
- Object caught in teeth: Thorough brushing and flossing to remove the object. If you are unable to dislodge the object, contact our office.
- Broken, chipped, or fractured tooth: If you are in pain, call the office immediately. If there is no pain with normal use, call us soon, but there is less urgency.
- Knocked-out tooth: if the tooth is clean, replace it in the socket, then call the office immediately. If it is dirty, place it in a cup of milk and call the office. Try not to touch the area of the tooth that is supposed to go under the gums (the roots).
- Toothache: Use OTC pain relievers (Advil or Tylenol) or a topical anesthetic like Orajel as directed, and call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Facial Swelling/Abscess: Call the office immediately. If it is affecting your ability to breathe, go to the emergency room.